Church Security Workshop
Register Online Today!
Join us for our 2017 OVU Church Security Workshop!
Shepherding the Flock:
Security Assessment & Planning for Houses of Worship
Oct 14, 2017
Tony Sullivan (See Bio)
About the Event
The seminar is comprised of six modules designed to assist churches in performing security assessments of their facilities and developing an all hazards approach to disaster mitigation and preparedness. At the conclusion of this seminar, attendees should be able to develop their own emergency response plan for use in their home congregations.
Pre-register by Oct. 2 for discounted rate
$15 Pre-Registration ($20 if after Oct. 2)
Training Modules include:
- Risk Management: an overview of risk management concepts and making risk management applicable to the church setting.
- Reducing Vulnerability: includes discussions concerning the risk of violence in churches, making churches less vulnerable, the use of volunteer and contracted security services, and what to do in the event of a violent incident on church grounds.
- The Crime Picture: examines the true face of crime, crimes in church and on church grounds, and reasons that churches are now targets.
- Major Questions: this block explores questions like: Can it happen here? Who would want to harm us? Are we prepared? and much more!
- Teams and Team Components: this module examines in detail who should comprise the various teams who will ultimately execute the congregation's emergency response plan.
- Active Shooter Preparedness: this module explores the active shooter and the preparedness of the church to mitigate such an event.
- Q & A Session, Templates, and closing
Find Your Way
Need help getting to campus? We've got you covered:Driving Directions ›
Need a place to stay? There are plenty of options in the area.Places to Stay ›
Lunch is provided in the seminar registration fee, but if you want to grab a bite off-campus, you have lots of options to choose from!Places to Eat ›
Are We There Yet?
Calculate how long it will take you to get here.Driving Distance to Campus ›
For more information:
Director, Center for Church Care