OVU Center for Church CARE
At the heart of the Ohio Valley University Center for Church Care is merimna, the Greek word for concern. Its mission is to provide a broad spectrum of informative and educational training opportunities that help build stronger churches, enabling both leaders and members to serve more effectively in God's kingdom.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you and your members.
Church Leadership and Management Assistance
- Employee relations assistance in the structure of compensation, vacation, insurance, spiritual development and retirement
- Consulting on money management, tax exempt status and principles relating to administering a non-profit
- Resources and guidance to help leaders protect members while they are on church property
- Leadership workshops and training designed to strengthen elders and deacons in their important roles
- Consultation on navigating important legal issues facing the church today
Church Programming & Member Communications Assistance
- Technology consulting on electronic communications, evaluating audio/visual equipment purchases and social networking
- Assistance with ministries for aging, senior members
- Development of Biblically-based Bible class curriculum and teaching materials for all ages
Preacher & Minister Assistance
- Workshops and resources to mentor, encourage and train young men to preach
- Proprietary “preacher search” database to connect preachers with congregations looking to fill these roles
Bookmark this page today and check back often for events and news updates!
Campus Programs & Events Sponsored by the OVU Center for Church Care
Center for Church Care Team
Dr. G.K. PenningtonDr. G.K. Pennington
Associate Professor, College of Biblical Studies and Behavioral Sciences